While we aim to keep all lists of links of high quality, the inclusion of a link does not imply that APEG endorses or otherwise approves that site or the information contained therein. Members must make their own judgment about any information that they obtain from any linked site
Last comprehensive update completed on 24 October 2018
- Society for Inherited Metabolic Disorders (SIMD)
- International Classification of Pediatric Endocrine Diagnoses (ICPED) – a comprehensive diagnostic list for endocrine diagnoses (APEG associated worldwide collaboration). Scroll down page to individual chapters on each diagnostic group.
- Metabolic Dietary Disorders Association of Australia (MDDA) A national self-help group, was founded in 1996 by parents to support other families and individuals affected by Inborn Errors of Metabolism (IEMs) which are rare genetic disorders.
Other resources and links
- Excellent link page from SIMD
- Metabolic disorders clinical guideline (Royal Children’s Hospital Melbourne)
- Medscape summary of metabolic disorders
- Medical Journal Article: ‘Inborn Errors of Metabolism in Infancy: A guide to diagnosis‘ Barbara K. Burton Pediatrics (1998)
- Medical Journal Article: Drug Treatment of inborn errors of metabolism: a systematic review; Alfadel et al, Arch Dis Child (2013)
- Medical Journal Article: Diagnosing childhood-onset inborn errors of metabolism by next-generation sequencing Ghosh et al, Arch Dis Child (2017)