APEG INDUSTRY RESEARCH GRANTS 2017 RESEARCH GRANTS
- These grants are used to support research in Australia and New Zealand at an early to mid-career level.
- To support new projects and pilot studies in paediatric endocrinology
- The NovoNordisk grant and APEG grant is for research into into any aspect of paediatric endocrinology or diabetes.
- The Sandoz Grant is restricted to the field of growth disturbances.
- The Sanofi Grant is for research into any aspect of the treatment of paediatric diabetes.
- Applications are invited from APEG members who are Australian or New Zealand citizens or permanent residents.
- The chief investigator must be a financial APEG member and within 10 years of receiving FRACP and/or PhD or equivalent.
- Recipients of a previous APEG grant are ineligible for the grant for the 2 subsequent years.
- Recipients of a previous APEG grant who have not fulfilled conditions of the grant are ineligible to apply for an APEG grant.
Applications are restricted to three A4 pages (excluding references and CV of the chief investigator). Applications longer than three A4 pages will not be reviewed.
Applications should provide the following information:
- Project title
- Name, qualifications and contact details of the applicant
- Name, qualifications and addresses of co-investigators
- Previous APEG grants within last 5 years including title of grant, year of funding, title of abstract presented at APEG and publication related to it.
- Specific aims
- Research plan
- Significance of the study
- Details of other financial support (including other applications pending for similar projects even under other chief investigator)
- Is this or a similar project applying for APEC Pfizer grant this year?
Conditions of the grant
- Notification of other successful grants related to submission within the year the grant was awarded
- Submission of ethics approval within 6 months of receiving the award
- Annual report submitted to APEG secretariat in July each year until results are published.
- Research findings derived from the APEG Industry Research Grant need to be submitted as abstract for presentation at APEG ASM within 2 years of receiving the funding
- APEG and sponsoring company acknowledgement on publication related to grant
- Grant cannot be used for salary of principal investigator
Deadline: Monday 17 July 2017, midnight AEST
Applications received after deadline will not be considered for the grants