- Mary Abraham (WA)
- Lisa Amato (NSW)
- Priya Augustine (SA)
- Paul Benitez-Aguirre (NSW) Chair
- Phillip Bergman (VIC)
- Thomas Campbell (NSW)
- Yoon Hi Cho (NSW) Secretary
- Louise Conwell (QLD)
- Josie Green (VIC)
- Shihab Hameed (NSW)
- Natasha Heather (NZ)
- Michelle Jack (NSW)
- Craig Jefferies (NZ)
- Sarah McMahon (QLD)
- Jessica Sandy (NSW)
- Elaine Tham (SA)
- Uma Visser (ACT)
- Helen Woodhead (NSW)
About the Committee
This group is comprised of Paediatric Endocrinologists, Specialist Nurses, and Researchers who will provide a network interested in thyroid disorders in children and adolescents.
The Thyroid Working Group aims to:
- Advocate for the clinical care, educational resources and research related to child and adolescent thyroid disorders within the ANZSPED community, with links to other bodies interested in thyroid disorders (specifically adult endocrinology, and ESPE).
- Provide advice to ANZSPED Council on matters relating to child and adolescent thyroid disorders as the first point of call.
- Optimise the endocrine aspects of thyroid disorders in children and adolescents by:
- promoting, and updating, education relating to thyroid disorders, especially their treatment and early and late outcomes – including liaison with relevant ANZSPED subcommittees (Training and SAC, Scientific Organising and Fellows School).
- promoting a regular session (even symposium) on paediatric thyroid disorders at the ASM on a 2-3 yearly basis, through liaison with the POC. Also exploring with RACP a regular presentation at their ASM of an update on endocrine disorders for paediatricians, including thyroid.
- promoting research relating to thyroid disorders, especially multicentre collaborative research.
- disseminating and updating established guidelines for assessment and management
- ensuring accessibility and dissemination of family resources – including liaison with relevant ANZSPED subcommittees (Website, Patient Resources)
- Advocate for and enhance the representation of paediatric endocrinology within the field of thyroid disorders.
How to join the Committee
ANZSPED sends out a call for Expressions of Interest (EOI) every 2 years shortly (in ‘even’ numbered years) after the AGM asking for members to submit their EOI to join the group. If you would like to be part of the group outside of this time frame, please contact the ANZSPED Secretariat.