APEG Training and SAC Committee
- Training and SAC Paediatric Endocrinology
- The APEG representatives on the SAC Committee
- Phil Bergman
- Rachana Dahiya
- To contact either of these persons, please look up contact details in the members section of the website (Members directory)
APEG Trainee Representatives
- These trainees sit on the APEG Training Subcommittee and are a contact for trainees wishing to raise an issue with APEG
- Dr Elizabeth Wheeler (VIC)
- To contact the APEG trainee representative, please look up contact details in the members section of the website (Members directory)
- APEG Educational Resources (within members section of this website)
- Within this section are recordings of 3 years of APEG Fellows schools presentations
- ESPE e-Learning
- Melbourne-wide Endocrinology and Journal Club (Predominately adult endocrinology content)
- Recorded meetings sponsored by Sandoz: www.endo-today.org (Username: endotoday, Password: endo)
- Physician e-learning module launched to help integrate genomics into clinical care
A new elearning module has been launched to introduce physicians in Australia and New Zealand to clinical genomics.
The module was developed by Garvan’s Kinghorn Centre for Clinical Genomics (KCCG) in partnership with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP).
This interactive resource includes case studies, quizzes, tools and video interviews with physicians from a range of specialties who are already engaged in this field. It covers:
- The structure and function of the human genome
- The sequencing and testing process
- Some current applications in healthcare
- Discussing testing and results with patients and their families
- Ordering a genomic test or referring to genetics services
- Interpreting a genomic report
- Key ethical, legal and social issues
It draws upon expertise from Garvan genomics teams and a working group appointed by the RACP, including genetic and non-genetic specialists and members from the Human Genetics Society of Australasia’s (HGSA) clinical geneticist, genetic counsellor and laboratory scientist special interest groups.
‘Clinical Genomics for Physicians’ is hosted the RACP’s elearning platform and can be accessed for free after registration: https://elearning.racp.edu.au
- Advanced Practice in Endocrinology Nursing (2019)
- The Australian Paediatric Research Network (APRN). An excellent website with resources section including:
- There is a Whatsapp group for Trainees.
- For details of how to join, please login as a member and you will find the details on the page below
- The APEG Social Media Policy can be found below once you have logged in as a member
Last comprehensive update completed on 24 October 2018.