- APEG Educational Resources (within members section of this website)
- Within this section are recordings of 3 years of APEG Fellows schools presentations
- ESPE e-Learning
- Melbourne-wide Endocrinology and Journal Club (Predominately adult endocrinology content)
- Recorded meetings sponsored by Sandoz: www.endo-today.org (Username: endotoday, Password: endo)
- Physician e-learning module launched to help integrate genomics into clinical care
A new elearning module has been launched to introduce physicians in Australia and New Zealand to clinical genomics.
The module was developed by Garvan’s Kinghorn Centre for Clinical Genomics (KCCG) in partnership with the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP).
This interactive resource includes case studies, quizzes, tools and video interviews with physicians from a range of specialties who are already engaged in this field. It covers:
- The structure and function of the human genome
- The sequencing and testing process
- Some current applications in healthcare
- Discussing testing and results with patients and their families
- Ordering a genomic test or referring to genetics services
- Interpreting a genomic report
- Key ethical, legal and social issues
It draws upon expertise from Garvan genomics teams and a working group appointed by the RACP, including genetic and non-genetic specialists and members from the Human Genetics Society of Australasia’s (HGSA) clinical geneticist, genetic counsellor and laboratory scientist special interest groups.
‘Clinical Genomics for Physicians’ is hosted the RACP’s elearning platform and can be accessed for free after registration: https://elearning.racp.edu.au
- Advanced Practice in Endocrinology Nursing (2019)
- RACP Hormone School: This series of monthly one hour lectures is aimed at Endocrinology Advanced Trainees and Fellows. Sessions run monthly on a Tuesday from 6:30pm to 7:30pm. These session are delivered via videoconference. Presentations are recorded and can be accessed through Online Learning Resources @ RACP. CLICK HERE for the link to the login screen.